Antarian Healing Oracle

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Shadow Aspects and Reflections

I was doing research for a project I have coming up this week and the quote, "that thing that really annoys you about someone is a reflection of you" pops up on the page. How appropriate that this quote would come into my awareness at that moment because I was pretty annoyed with an aspect of someone. 

This moment in time of reading the quote was all I needed to see that same aspect was hidden in myself... Procrastination. In fact I am doing it right now. This aspect is well hidden under a pile of false "have to's" and an even bigger pile of great ideas. All of these keep me far to busy to see I am procrastinating on what I should be doing. 

The funny thing about shadow aspects is the flip side of it will be a thing people list as a strength of yours. You will over play this strength to hide the shadow aspect more. The flip side of procrastination is getting shit done. 

Now that I am aware if this shadow aspect I need to examine it more by asking simple questions. What am I avoiding? Why am I avoiding it? 

Enough of me. For you to start to notice your shadow aspects look at what annoys you about someone and find that aspect in you. Or look at your strengths and find the flip side of it in you. Remember not all shadows are "bad". But adults in your childhood could gave seen them as bad and you hid them away. 

Once you have found one start asking questions about it. Why do you do that? Or don't do that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment